The main role of the Assistant is to provide administrative support by performing clerical functions such as answering contestant support emails, preparing correspondence, helping with quality control procedures, simple bookkeeping and banking, answering phones, receiving visitors, arranging conference calls, and scheduling meetings.
Administration duties: 100%
- Promptly receive and screen incoming telephone calls to the Management Team, providing friendly and professional greeting, taking messages as appropriate, and eliciting necessary information to allow timely and accurate responses. Respond where appropriate.
- Promptly screen and distribute incoming mail, email, responding where appropriate. Co-ordinate the receipt and shipping of couriered parcels and envelopes.
- Provide accurate word-processing support by composing and/or editing a variety of documents. This includes many highly confidential correspondence, memoranda, contracts and proposals.
- Assist with and organize meetings and/or special events including staff get-togethers, parties, Meetings, etc. Arrange for catering, locations, distribution of information with respect to the event and any gifts or handouts for the event.
- Help develop and maintain well organized filing systems that permit easy reference and rapid retrieval of information.
- Special organizational and research projects as directed.
- Arrange travel, hotel, and car reservations and prepare itinerary, both corporate and personal for the Managers.
- Perform addition functions as directed or assumed on personal initiative.
- Handle simple contestant support email
- Help with basic bookkeeping and banking functions
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience:
- Educational and experience preference is high school graduate with at least 1 year of secretarial and/or clerical work experience.
- Very good written communication skills with an excellent grasp of English, spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Knowledgeable and proficient use of personal computers with practical experience using Microsoft Word, Excel and Email.
- Must be very organized and able to prioritize tasks.
- Ability to perform secretarial and clerical duties with deliberate speed and accuracy without immediate and constant supervision.
- Very basic understanding of bookkeeping
- Ability to exercise good judgment in protecting confidential information.
- Participation in providing solutions
- Have a proactive “can do” and “can think” approach to the job
- Continuously challenge the boundaries of your own knowledge and experience
- Self educating
- Passion and commitment to the job
Summary of Performance Monitoring Areas
- Quality and speed of work
- Level of self-progression and development
- Departmental contribution
If the above sounds like you’d be a valuable addition to our team, please forward your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
This position is located in Calgary, Canada.